Expanding learning horizons for all
What we do
The Elkins Public Library is responsible for:
- Curating and loaning thousands of print books, books on tape, magazines, videos, and music
- Renting a meeting room space for small groups
- Hosting classes and events for all ages that help further the mission
- Participating in the Washington County Library System (WCLS), which allows resources to be shared from all of the participating libraries within the WCLS
- Offering free wi-fi and computers to patrons.
Notes from the Department
The mission of the Elkins Public Library is simple: to enrich the lives of our citizens through information, education, literacy and leisure. The Library provides a growing number of lifetime learning opportunities to the community that inspires interest, expands horizons, and enriches perspectives.
The Elkins Public Library is committed to providing library services to citizens of Elkins and the surrounding areas. As a member of the Washington County Library System (WCLS), resources can be shared from all of the participating libraries within the WCLS. Books can be ordered online as well as checked out or renewed.
Our full-service library includes thousands of volumes of fiction, non-fiction, research, biographical books, large print books, as well as magazines, books on tape, and movies. Computers are available to patrons for access to the internet as well as free wi-fi inside the library itself.
Librarian Audra Bell
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday - Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Saturday - 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
The library is located at 352 N. Center Street, directly behind Chambers Bank and adjacent to the Elkins Elementary School.