What we do
The Water & Sewer Department is responsible for:
- Enrolling residents in water, sewer, sanitation services
- Taking payments for water, sewer and sanitation services from the City
- Addressing complaints or concerns about related City services
Notes from the Department
- The Elkins Water & Sewer Department services the residents inside the city limits of Elkins. We currently have approximately 1,260 household on our water and sewer system.
- If you have questions or complaints about your water, sewer, or trash service or for more information, please call the Water & Sewer Department. If it is after hours, please leave a voicemail with your name, address where the service is, and phone number.
- We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments. Residents can also sign up for automatic drafts from their bank account by contacting our office
- Bills are mailed out the last day of every month and are due by the 15th of the following month. A 10% late charge is applied at 8:00 am on the 16th of every month. If the 15th of the month falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the late penalty will be applied at 8:00 am. on the first working day after the 15th. Service will be disconnected for non-payment on the 10th of the following month.
- Trash pickup in Elkins is through Orion Waste Solutions. Monday is trash pick-up day, and you must have your poly-carts or blue bags on the curb by 7 a.m.
Water & Sewer Rates
Deposits: $125.00 ($250.00 if no proof of previous water service at previous residence)
Service Reconnect Fee: $50.00 during working hours only
Insufficient Check Fee: $20.00
Trash & Recycling Rates
Included in trash service are 2-64 Gallon Carts:
- 1-Yellow Lid-Recycle-Intermingle all accepted recyclables in cart.
- 1-Dark Lid-Trash-All trash needs to be bagged, no loose items accepted.
64-Gallon: $13.69/month-Holds Two 32-gal bag or less/week
Additional 64-Gallon $5.41 extra per month
We accept cash, credit card, personal check or money order payments.
Water & Sewer Superintendent
Water & Sewer Office Manager
Water and Sewer Committee
The Water and Sewer Committee provides direction to the Water and Sewer Department to help protect, maintain, and develop a safe, sanitary and healthy environment. The Planning Commission aides in implementing the goals, objectives, and policies of the City as adopted by the City Council.… Read More
There are no upcoming events.
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:00am - 4:30pm
The Water Department is located at 1874 Stokenbury Rd, Elkins, AR 72727 in Elkins City Hall.